What are cookies and how long will it remain on my computer?
Cookies are files (containing identifying bits of text) that are downloaded to your browser as
you surf the web. A web server sends cookies to a web browser and it is stored by the browser. The cookie content is being sent back to the server when the browser sends a page request from that server. The most common types of cookies you may encounter are "persistent" and "session" cookies: a persistent cookie has an expiry date afterwards it will no longer be
valid (until then, it will be stored by the browser, locally). On the other hand, a session cookie, will lose its validation once browser is closed. Our persistent cookies will expire between 30 minutes and 30 days from the date they are downloaded to your device.
What types of cookies do we use and why?
- Security - detect authentication abuses for a limited persistent duration. These cookies are set for the specific task of increasing the security of the service.
- Multimedia - content player session cookies used for the duration of a session to store technical data needed to play back video or audio content.
- Load balancing - session cookies, used to identify the same server in the pool for the load balancer to redirect user requests appropriately.
- Analytics - analytics cookies allow us to improve our services by collecting information about your use of the Service. We use these cookies to learn how our websites are performing and make relevant improvements to help improve your browsing experience. We use Google
- Advertising – third party cookies maybe used though our video player, by our demand partners, to tailor marketing to you and your interests and provide you with a more personalized service in the future. These cookies remember that you and may share this information with third-parties, such as advertisers. Although these cookies can track your
device’s visits to sites, they typically cannot personally identify you.
- Social and Content - cookies are placed by many social media plugins (for example the Facebook ’like’ button), and other tools meant to improve sharing content on our website. We integrate these modules to improve the experience of browsing and interacting with our websites. Please note that some of these third-party services place cookies that are also used for things like advertising, analytics, and/or market research.
How to control cookies?
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
- Browser Control: You can choose whether to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
To express your privacy preferences on your mobile, you may download and use an opt-out application, such as DAA's AppChoices App (https://youradchoices.com/appchoices) or the Truste Privacy App (https://www.trustarc.com/consumer-resources/privacy-app).
Cookies that we use:
|Google Analytics||__ga __utma __utmb __utmc __utmv __utmz||Google analytics cookies are used to record information about the page that the user has seen.||Google analytics cookie usage on websites|
Does this policy change?